Degree attestation from HEC Islamabad is one of the common requirements of Pakistanis working abroad or planning to work in any other countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, USA and UK etc.
For example, if you are joining a company in Saudi Arabia your employer will ask you to get attested your degree from Saudi Embassy in Pakistan. But Saudi Embassy will not attest your degree until you get prior attestation by HEC and then by Ministry of Foreign Affairs Pakistan.
In case you are migrating from Pakistan to any other country or planning to continue your studies in foreign college or university then attestation of your degrees and transcripts can be required. Immigration authorities or universities in foreign countries normally require attested photocopies of degree and transcripts in official sealed envelope from HEC.
Don’t worry process is quite the same for attestation of original degree, photocopies and attested photocopies in HEC sealed envelope.
Requirements for degree attestation from HEC Islamabad:
- Original Matric Certificate and Marksheets
- Original Intermediate Certificate and Marksheets
- Original Degree and Transcripts / Marksheets
- Copy of CNIC / NICOP or Passport
- Printout of Online Application Form
- Photocopies of Degree and Transcripts / Marksheets (required only if you also need attested photocopies or sealed envelope along-with attestation on originals)
- Authority Letter – duly attested by 17 grade govt officer (required only if someone else is processing on your behalf)
Sample images of HEC attestation on degree and HEC sealed envelope:
HEC attestation on original degree
HEC Sealed Envelope
Step by step process for degree attestation from HEC Islamabad:
- Fill HEC Online Application Form – Visit Degree Attestation System at official website of HEC EPORTAL.HEC.GOV.PK and carefully fill online application form. If you also need attested photocopies of your degree and transcripts / marksheets along-with attestation of original document then select 1 photocopy of each original document in this form. Select desired appointment date and time for visiting HEC office.
- Visit HEC office in Islamabad on reserved date and time for submission of documents – On reserved date and time you can visit HEC office in Islamabad without any problem. But if you need attestation urgently then you can visit HEC any working day before your reserved date. In that case you will have to follow a long queue at HEC office early in the morning to get token for that day.
- Submit Document – At your turn HEC officer will check compliance of required documents. If everything is fine he will submit your documents. To avoid any objection make sure that your name on all certificates, marksheets, degrees and CNIC is same before your visit.
- Collection of Attested Documents – They will ask you to visit HEC office again on given time of same day to collect attested documents. If you need attested photocopies of your degree and transcripts / marksheets in HEC sealed envelope then you can simply request HEC officer at the time of collection.
Please visit official website of HEC for updated information about this attestation process.
We welcome your comments and feedback. Share this post with your friends if you find it helpful.