Birth certificate is an official and very important document issued to record a person’s birth. It is a proof of person’s date, and place of birth along-with other particulars. In Pakistan NADRA has developed a special system to issue fully computerized NADRA birth certificate for Pakistanis. But NADRA is not directly issuing these NADRA birth certificates.
Pakistani computerized NADRA birth certificate can be issued from following authorities depending upon the address and area where you live:
- Union Council
- TMA Office
- Cantonment Board Office
- Capital Development Authority (CDA) Islamabad
Requirements to obtain NADRA birth certificate:
- Copy of child’s hospital birth certificate
- Affidavit (duly attested by Notary Public)
- Copy of father’s CNIC
- Copy of mother’s CNIC
- Copies of passport from father and mother (in case of Foreigners)
- Copy of paternal grandfather’s CNIC
- Midwife affidavit (in case birth at home)
- Copy of child’s old (manual) birth certificate (if applicable)
Sample image of NADRA birth certificate:
Steps to follow for issuance of computerized NADRA birth certificate:
- Visit the relevant issuing office from above list depending upon your current residence address. In all major cities like Karachi, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Faisalabad, Multan, Hyderabad, and Peshawar local union councils are fully authorized to issue NADRA birth certificates using NADRA installed systems. While for residents of cantonment areas it can be issued from cantonment board offices, for residents of many small cities it can also be obtained from TMA offices and Islamabad residents can obtain their NADRA birth certificates from CDA office.
- Fill application form for birth certificate. This application form can be obtained from same issuing office. Click here to check sample application form for understanding of it’s contents.
- Attach all required documents with application form. Concerned department can ask for any additional document other then above list of required documents. NADRA birth certificate can still be obtained if you don’t have few documents from above list, simply visit the issuing office and ask for the alternate.
- Submit application form, supporting documents and official fee in same issuing office. Relevant officer of issuing office will tell you about official fees of NADRA birth certificate by reviewing your documents.
- Collect your computerized NADRA birth certificate on given date from same issuing office. Normally NADRA birth certificate can be issued within 3-5 working days if all required documents are available but this period can vary in different circumstances.
- While receiving your NADRA birth certificate, make sure that all contents are accurate. Re-check your particulars on birth certificate and match them with your official documents. You can ask for correction if there is any typo mistake by issuing office.
Comments and feedback is welcomed to improve this article. Share it with your friends if you find it helpful.