A Police Clearance Certificate in Pakistan is very important document issued as a result of a background check by the relevant police department to show any criminal records that the applicant may have.
Why Police Clearance Certificate is needed?
This document can be required in many situations but normally a Police Clearance Certificate is needed for following reasons:
- By your employer if you are applying for a job
- For immigration process
- For visa process
- To get admission in foreign college or university
- For marriage in other countries
Requirements to get Police Clearance Certificate in Pakistan:
- Copy of applicant’s valid CNIC / NICOP
- Copy of applicant’s valid passport
- Copy of CNIC / NICOP from father
- Copy of CNIC / NICOP from mother
- Copy of CNIC / NICOP from husband (for married women only)
- Marriage Certificate (for married women only)
- Copy of any utility bill / residence proof of address
- Passport size photographs of applicant (with blue background)
- An affidavit (if applicant is out of country)
- Application Form
Sample image of Application Form:
Sample image of Police Clearance Certificate:
Step by step procedure:
- Where to Go – Normally a Police Certificate can be obtained from SSP Office or D.I.G Police Office of the city and if there is any other issuing office they will guide you accordingly.
- Application Form – You will be asked by the issuing police office to fill an application form which they will provide.
- Fee – As per our knowledge and information there is no official fee to get Police Character / Clearance Certificate but the concerned police department will inform you if there is any fee for this process.
- Submission – Submit filled application form along-with all required documents. In case they need any additional step from you like verification from local police station they will guide you for that.
- Completion – There is no specific time period for completion of this verification process by the issuing police department. But keep in mind approximately 7-12 days. Further, issuing police department will better inform you about the completion date and time.
Note: For updated and more accurate information please call or visit local police department of your city.
We welcome your comments and feedback. Share this post with your friends if you find it helpful.